New, modern, communicative
In Hamm – on the spacious and green grounds of the former army hospital – new buildings for 2,500 students have been realised.
The architecture and room programme are orientated along the requirements of a modern education and research institute: Learning worlds reflect the practice-oriented study paths; the communication zones with a deliberately open layout are meeting points for teachers and students.
In June 2010, pbr Planungsbüro Rohling from Osnabrück won the general planner competition for the new Hamm Campus. The competition had been initiated by the Bau- und Liegenschaftsbetrieb NRW Soest (Soest branch of the Development and Real Estate Management Company of North Rhine-Westphalia) as client in close collaboration with the Hamm-Lippstadt University of Applied Sciences and the City of Hamm.
The room programme includes
- auditoria and seminar rooms
- approx. 400 student workplaces
- offices and working worlds incl. large communication zones for the departments
- basic research laboratories with computer pool and physical-technical laboratories
- technical school and halls
- laboratory pool for teaching and research with store etc.
- media centre, computer centre and library
- central infrastructure and metal and electronics workshops
- central administrative rooms and Campus Office
- areas for deans, AStA, student representatives
- canteen with 199 seats
Marker Allee 76-78
How to get there
Public transport connections from Hamm Central Railway Station (Hbf):
bus lines 33, 6, 18
bus stop "Hochschule Hamm-Lippstadt"
Short distances in Hamm
Numerous InterCity Express and regional trains stop at Hamm railway station. From the university, it is a five-minute walk to the city centre with its large variety of restaurants, the Cinemaxx cinema complex, attractive shops, and a great diversity of cultural attractions. Apart from that, a high leisure quality is guaranteed. In immediate proximity to the university, the embankments of the river Lippe and the canal as well as idyllic nature reserves or the thermal baths "Maximare" offer many exciting recreational alternatives.