Located centrally and yet close to nature
Lippstadt is a town in North-Rhine Westfalia, Germany, with approximately 67,000 inhabitants. It is home to many big and medium sized companies - the German Mittelstand. The globally active automobile supplier Hella is based in the direct vicinity of the university's campus. With about 6,000 employees, this high-tech corporation is not just the largest employer in the city, but also offers you excellent career prospects already whilst studying, just like the CARTEC Technology Centre, where many successful companies have already been founded in the past. The railway station is only a ten-minute walk away. Via the through road B55, the motorway is within easy reach. And those who
want to travel far away can reach many national and international destinations at cheap rates from the Paderborn-Lippstadt airport.
The new Lippstadt Campus on the site of the so-called "Himmelreich" has been opened. The architecture and room program are orientated along the requirements of a modern education and research institute: Learning worlds reflect the practice-oriented study paths; the communication zones with a deliberately open layout are meeting points for teachers and students.
In June 2010, practice RKW Rhode Kellermann Wawrowsky from Düsseldorf won the general planner competition for the new Lippstadt Campus. The competition had been initiated by Bau- und Liegenschaftsbetrieb NRW Soest (Soest branch of the Development and Real Estate Management Company of North Rhine-Westphalia) as client in close collaboration with Hamm-Lippstadt University of Applied Sciences and the City of Lippstadt.
The room program includes
- auditoria and seminar rooms
- approx. 400 student workplaces
- offices and working worlds incl. large communication areas for the departments
- basic research laboratories with computer pool and physical-technical laboratories
- technical school and halls
- laboratory pool for teaching and research with storage area etc.
- media center, computer center and library
- central infrastructure and metal and electronics workshops
- central administration rooms and Campus Office
- offices for deans, AStA and student representatives
- canteen with 199 seats
Student from Curtin University, 2016
The campus is very well equipped and I think it is a great environment for learning.
Although Lippstadt is a small town it is a very beautiful place.