Application for summer semester 2020 and winter semester 2020/21
At the moment it is not possible to apply for any of our English degree programs. The deadline for the following study programs was 15 January 2020:
- our Master's degree program "Intercultural Business Psychology" (start date: summer semester 2020)
- and for our Bachelor's degree program "Electronic Engineering" (start date: winter semester 2020/2021).
You can find information about the application for our German study programs on our German website.
Application for winter semester 2019/20
The deadline for online registration for Hamm-Lippstadt University of Applied Sciences' degree programs for the winter semester 2019/20 has expired on 15 July 2019.
University entrance qualification
- The application for a study program in Germany requires a so-called Hochschulzugangsberechtigung (HZB - university entrance qualification or higher education entrance qualification). As a rule, this is a school-leaving qualification equivalent to the standard of the German "Abitur" or "Fachabitur".
- As a basic requirement, the certificate has to be a higher education entrance qualification in the country of origin. Sometimes this is your secondary school leaving certificate. Sometimes it might be necessary to attend certain foundation courses. Please refer to the DAAD-website for more information.
- First information whether your school certificates from your home country can be recognized is given by the Campus Office.
- Please note: Each university follows a case by case approach and independently decides on the respective recognition.
- Certificates are checked individually for recognition. We will need all documents as verified copies of the original with a verified English or German translation of the original. Please follow the instructions given in our registration platform "Campus Office Online".
- Please note that the recognition of certificates can only be done during the regular application period, i.e. from May until mid-July of any year. We cannot prescreen your application.
- All queries concerning recognition can directly be resolved with the colleagues at the Campus Office:
A pre-study internship is not required in any of the degree programs - in lectures, seminars, exercises and practical courses we closely interlink theory and practice and offer you a realistic impression of your future professional life, not least through the integrated practical semester. In addition, we offer preparatory courses prior to the start of the lectures, which make it easier to get started.